TOPIC LOCKED Start New Topic Start a Poll

Where Shall We Go?
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 09:13 PM

Absolument ├ętonnant!

Administrator

User: #1

Crowns: N/A

Many people may not know this, but when this forum first started out it was an Xbox forum. With talk about Xbox mods, Halo 3, Forza 3, Rainbow Six and Call of Duty. After I stopped doing the 10th lobbies on MW2 and WaW people stopped visiting the site and traffic slowed down. Month or two later I was banned from Xbox Live, that's what started the Minecraft server. Me and JT began to play on my small Minecraft server I made on my home computer. A few weeks later I installed Bukkit on Minecraft Beta 1.3.

user posted image

The Minecraft server officially started in March 2010 when I started advertising the server on YouTube, Minecraft forums and even Xbox forums. The website at this point started to pickup again with new and old members. New people came that played Minecraft and people that played Xbox before joined the server as well. The server was cracked at this point with lots of new members on the forums and server. The server then became not cracked anymore so people had to buy the game, we then lost lots of our members to this change.

user posted image

After a year of the Minecraft server being up people started to get bored of the current play style and map. This is when the server had it's first map change and Towny was added for more organized town system. Before Towny the server was run on a dictatorship by me (HockeyMike24). All the towns were appointed mayor instead of mayors being able to create towns them selves, which is what Towny brought. With this new map I started to become inactive and bored of Minecraft. I then stopped playing Minecraft, but didn't want to stop the server since so many other people still played and the server payed for itself with all the donations people were giving. This is when I hired staff to watch over the server for me. I would then check in daily on things and update the server when it was needed.

user posted image

About a year later the server had it's third map, the map didn't last as long as the others. I became even more inactive with the server upkeep. The staff at the time didn't know how to update the server and didn't want to put much effort into it as I hoped. For this map I did little to no advertising, we had no new members this time around. I would only check in on the server every week or so. This is when the staff team went behind my back and decided to make a new server with the exact same plugins. The server became even more inactive at this point. I then had no reason to keep the server running. My first thought was to just shut the server down, since I haven't even played in years. But then came the zombie server...

user posted image

After the Nact Craft server has survived since 2010, I decided I would make something I thought would be fun for a little while. I turned Nact Craft into Nact Undead. This was something I wanted to do a long time ago but with another server. I didn't have the money to make a second server so when the server became inactive I started to do it. The Nact Undead server had long term plans but was under developed. It only lasted a few weeks but me and the people I played on it with had lots of fun.

user posted image

Now, where will we go?

Me and Justin are thinking about starting a Counter Strike server. We just got Counter Strike: Source and Garry's Mod. We could play some "Trouble in Terrorist town" or "Prison Break" Which looks a lot like the Halo 3's custom games type "Cops and Robbers" I made which some of you would remember... Nino and JT.
t4t4
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 01:45 AM

Veteran

User: #442

mike, planetside2 all the way :P its best game ever :DDDDDDD
and the server for that is called Woodman or Woodmen -,- if anyone wanna join me, someone took my name sadly allready but ive got the name T8T8 and im new konglamerate or however u spelll dat

user posted image
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 09:14 PM

I'm awesome!

Administrator

User: #9

Wow, end of an era. I had tons of fun on the first official server and mostly stopped playing once the new server was made. I came back for the week when there was the first undead server and that was quite a bit of fun as well. After that the game got very stale for me and I'm glad you're taking a new direction with this website and clan.

I throw rocks at life, that's all there is to it.
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 02:15 PM

Dignitary

User: #2

The Minecraft server was the best when it was cracked after that it wasn't as close nit.

I see i wasnt the only one who got Garry's Mod and Counter Strike for 6$....I can only play garry's mod though, for reasons most people already know.....

user posted image
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 04:15 PM

Absolument ├ętonnant!

Administrator

User: #1

For sure, the first map had some fun and awesome times. Like the time me and JT were animals and I pushed you into a fire as I was in the form of a pig. Good times...

I'm surprised you can't play CS:S it's pretty much just like GM. The server will be up soon for this. Can't wait to play some cops and robbers, or Trouble in Terrorist Town!
Thewhippy
 Posted: Feb 16 2013, 11:30 PM

Elder

User: #1170

I'm quite upset that things happened although I still get to play minecraft with all the people from nact I feel like all the hard work we all put into the other maps is now wasted I only wish my pc could run counter strike and Garry's mod
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 01:53 AM

I'm awesome!

Administrator

User: #9

QUOTE (Mike @ Feb 16 2013, 03:15 PM)
For sure, the first map had some fun and awesome times. Like the time me and JT were animals and I pushed you into a fire as I was in the form of a pig. Good times...

Trying to not laugh while doing that in the skype call was one of the hardest things I have ever done.

I throw rocks at life, that's all there is to it.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options TOPIC LOCKED Start New Topic Start a Poll

Change Skin  |  Mark Board Read  |  Delete Cookies